Saturday, October 17, 2009

Get on Your Bikes and Ride!

I am assuming that it is safe to say, that most of the Creekers have bikes that might not be worth shipping on the plane for our Creeker Coaster Ride. I ride a mid 70's Canadian made beauty. I love it endlessly and I have all the faith in the world it could make the trip without any problem. Carden has a nice ride, but would probably not want to ride a fixie. And Tyler is talking about taking a Mountain Bike. I am sure we could all use what we have and make this a true scrappy Creeker event; but Mike and I were talking about this, and were thinking we should look into the possibility of all renting super fantastic bikes in Boise and taking them to the start point by trailer. That way no one will have to ship their bikes. (which might cost the same as renting????) It is something to look into......


Also I like Levi's idea w/ the Suburban and trailer. If there are more Creekers then seats, we could also rent a 15 passenger van and still use Levi's trailer, or, I can look into borrowing my pops RV, and last option, I own a 70 passenger school bus.

6 comments:

  1. My only goal is to have us all in the same car. So we all hear the same jokes and smell the same farts. Levi's Suburban is great, but will it fit all of us? We should take his trailer attached to a 15 passenger van. My faith in the bus is small. Though it would be memorable.
    Adrian is right about the bikes. We should probably rent in Boise only because Adrian was saying he might be able to bring the bike to Portland and take them back to Boise for us. (Don't think we can rent bikes one way)
    We need a head count. We need to know whose going to embark on this great adventure and whose out. If we're only going to have 7 or 8 dudes then Levi's Suburban will be fine and we can forget about getting the van. But I'm hoping everyone will show up so we can fill the van and make this trip epic! Cory, I have yet to hear anything from you. What are you thinking about all this. I'm sure everyone would love to know.

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree on having one vehicle. One of my favorite parts of the recent trip to Salt Lake was the car ride to the Salt Flats in Levi's suburban. I talked more to the Creekers during that car ride than I have in years. No one farted, though.

    Should I send an email for a head count? I can ask for those that are 100% and those that are maybes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be great Tyler. What are you thinking about the bike situation? Will you try and ship yours or rent in Boise?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked at Idaho Mountain Touring in Boise and their bike rentals seem pretty reasonable. I could rent a nice road bike for a week for $160. If I can't borrow one, that's probably what I'll do. I tried to look at bike rentals in Portland but didn't come up with much. The ones that are available seem like they may not be as nice as the ones at Idaho Mountain Touring, where there was a subdivision in the road bike categorization where you could choose to rent a "performance" road bike (that's the one that's $160/week). That sounds good.

    I'll send out an email.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree we HAVE to all be in the same vehicle.... which means whichever vehicle we end up taking will have to start from Boise if its going to have all the bikes on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Ty. You should post the bike rentals on the Blog. I think a lot of people will need to rent. Also, Levi said he has a lot of extras, if we put those together, along with the rentals, we can maybe divide the rental cost amongst everyone to make it cheaper.

    ReplyDelete